GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM 1/4/2016
Information for Applicants
Allerton Bywater Parish Council provides grants to self help groups and to community and voluntary organizations, which involve people in community and voluntary activities and benefits the people within the boundary of Allerton Bywater Parish.
Who can apply?
Any community or people’s group or voluntary organization which wants to do something to involve or benefit people within the boundary of Allerton Bywater Parish.
Your group will need access to a Bank account belonging to a recognized organization, but your group does not have to be registered or have a constitution.
Who can't apply
Any individual for their own purposes.
How to apply
Use the application form to tell us about your project. We need enough details to be able to understand what you want to do; how you are going to make it happen; who will be involved; who will benefit and details of what you want the money for with detailed costings.
- Applications can be sent to the Parish Council at any time as the council meets every month.
- Decisions on applications received by the last day of the month will be made in the following month.
What you have to do to receive your grant
If the Council agrees to give a grant for your project, the group will receive a letter outlining the conditions for the grant.
Keep records and receipts of your spending and send them into the Parish Council.
- Be able to show that people from within the parish have benefited from the project. You will have to send a report to the Parish Council about how the project went, who was involved and how they benefited.
- Mention the Parish Council on your publicity.
The grant will be sent to you when your group agrees to the terms and conditions that the Council may apply.
What are the grants for?
Parish Council grants are intended to help local people implement their ideas and for making a difference in the community. The Parish Council cannot support activities, which are purely religious or political.
How much and how often?
Grants are available from £1.00 with a £500 upper limit. This means that you should apply for what you actually need. The Parish Council has a good idea of real costs and looks at value for money.
- Each group will normally only be able to get one approved grant in any one financial year (which runs from 1st April to 31st. March) This is to make sure that the benefits of grants are shared fairly across the community
WE DO NOT GIVE RETROSPECTIVE FUNDING i.e. for projects that have already commenced or taken place.
ALLERTON BYWATER PARISH COUNCIL RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR GRANTS TO BE REPAYED SHOULD THE MONEY NOT BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE IT WAS GRANTED FOR.
For further information please contact:
The Parish Clerk. details are on our contact page.
Grant application form
Please click on the link above.