CONSTITUTION FOR ALLERTON BYWATER IN BLOOM
Name of our Organisation
Our organisation is known as ‘Allerton Bywater in Bloom’ and will be run as a sub group of Allerton Bywater Parish Council.
Aims and Objectives
- Working together as a community, involving all age groups, we endeavour to make Allerton Bywater a more attractive place, not only for its residents but also for visitors and commuters alike. We will liaise closely with Leeds City Council, and as a community take part in fund raising events, grant applications, sponsorship and donations.
- We will maintain, to a high standard, planted areas in and around Allerton Bywater, with use of plants, flowers, shrubs and trees. This will help put Allerton Bywater on the map as being a beautiful place to be part of and to visit.
Membership and Officers
The officers will consist of a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Chairperson of the Parish Council.
A representative of the Leeds City Council will be available.
Membership is open to anyone who feels they can provide input and make a worthwhile contribution towards the group.
We would like to invite and welcome any voluntary members of the community, local groups and organisations from all age groups.
The group reserves the right to terminate membership of any person who in their opinion is a disruptive influence and is having a detrimental effect on the group’s aims.
‘Allerton Bywater in Bloom’ is a voluntary, non-profit making organisation and no member of the group shall stand to gain from any monies raised.
The funds of ‘Allerton Bywater in Bloom’ shall be deposited into the bank set up specifically for the organisation. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by at least two elected officers.
Any items of capital equipment bought with Leeds City Council funding shall remain the property of the Leeds City Council.
Group meetings will be held on a regular basis as required. Agenda and minutes will be communicated to members for their action. There must be at least 4 members present so the meeting can be quorate, at this meeting it is envisaged that most decisions will not require a vote, however if a consensus cannot be reached, a simple majority of a vote by show of hands will be taken. In case of a tie, the Chair shall either choose to cast a second vote, or choose to defer the item under discussion until further information can be gained.
An Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place in February 2013 and the agenda will consist of: -
- Receipt of Annual Report for ‘Allerton Bywater In Bloom’
- Distribution of Statement of Accounts
- Election of Officers for the coming year (except Chairperson of Allerton Bywater Parish Council). These Officers shall hold office from the conclusion of the meeting
- Any other business (AOB)
If the Executive Committee decides that it is necessary to dissolve the association, any assets remaining shall be given or transferred to the Parish Council who will decide if the funds are donated to a charity or go back into public funds.
Equal Opportunities Statement
‘Allerton Bywater in Bloom’ welcomes local people to take pride in their surroundings, by improving the appearance of all public areas and private gardens in Allerton Bywater.
Putting these objectives into practice ‘Allerton Bywater In Bloom’ will seek to ensure equality of opportunity and treatment in all contacts so that no-one wishing to become part of ‘Allerton Bywater In Bloom’ or any school, company or organisation benefiting from the work of ‘Allerton Bywater In Bloom’ will be treated less favourably because of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, physical appearance, marital status, sexual orientation or age.
The constitution was formed on 7th February 2012