If it had not been for the public outcry this building which had become derelict would have been demolished as part of the Milleniumn Village redevelopment. It was refurbished at a cost of approx £750,000 to its present standard.
It is now a thriving part of our community, the Parish Council, childcare facility, brownies, weight watchers, martial arts and Brighshaw High School all have facilities based here.
Allerton Bywater School was opened in 1898
Charles Bickerdike - Chairman
G.Smith - Vice Chairman
Mr.Wade, Mr Robinson, Mr Hayward, Charles Wilson - Architect from Castleford
The Primary School before it became "surplus to requirements"
The Old Primary school after refurbishment
Interior of Old School after refurbishment
2nd left Mr Dibb
2nd right Mr Jones
front centre Billy Booth
front row middle - Ronnie ?
front row 2nd from left is Eric Silverwood
can anyone put names to faces, if so contact us.